Business & IP Centre Hull
The British Library's Business & IP Centre national network contributes to local economic growth.
Hull Libraries are just one of the 10 library services across the country to provide specialist business information and resources for anyone thinking about self-employment, setting up, or growing a business.
Trained staff at all branch libraries – ‘Enterprise Hubs’, are able to offer practical support to help develop, protect and grow new business ideas and knowledge.
By working with the ENRG2 (Enterprising Neighbourhood Renewal and Growth) project the B&IP Centre Hull can offer:
- one to one business information and support
- workshops to help grow and develop business
- access to specialist business resources and statistical information
- information on funding opportunities and business planning
- signposting to the relevant agencies for additional support
- space to work and meet with others
As a member of PATLIB UK the Business and IP Centre Hull has access to a large network of skills and resources, including IP (Intellectual Property), copyright, trademark, design and patent checks.
Working alongside key partners Humber LEP, FSB, Hull City Council and Goodwin Development Trust, the B&IPC Hull organised Hull’s first Enterprise Support Summit. As a result, a local 'Enterprise Alliance' is now being formed.
The Business and IP Centre officially launched in summer 2017.